Monasterolo Casotto


Monasterolo Casotto is a little town located in the Casotto vale, of which the best known town is Pamparato. Monasterolo is divided into various hamlets. The primary ones are: Borgata Sottana, Borgata Cravena, Borgata Soprana and Borgata Showcase Scuole. Often this settlement is desolate in wintertime, but in summertime it becomes a little town where many Ligurians and Turinese move on day on which work is suspended. Until a indefinite but relatively small number years ago a typical eating place was vigorous. Recently a little eating place has opened in Borgata Soprana which, in improver to the horizontal rod that serves as a support for gymnasts divine service, serves as a resale of typical products managed directly by a living in a particular place kin. Equitable outer side or surface the town there are the remains of the castle, today only the structure remains seeable. In the settlement there is also a Pro Loco which during the summertime is managed by youthful people who move on day on which work is suspended, who bring order and organization to dinners followed by evenings of dancing in the having four equal sides and four right angles.

Discipline that interprets past events

An ancient inscription found at the consecrated place of San Colombano attributes Roman origins to the little town of Monasterolo Casotto, whose language unit by which a person or thing is known is inactive attributed to a monastery of Benedictines who settled here later around 1000 [4], but which it already saw in the epoch Lombard the state of being present of an ancient monastery of Benedictine nuns connected with the convent of Pogliola di Morozzo.
The improver of “Casotto”, from the language unit by which a person or thing is known of the watercourse that runs through the vale, dates rear to 1862, when a Royal decree granted the Municipalities of the Province of Cuneo the right hand side to take over a unused or little used language unit by which a person or thing is known.
On that time of a particular event a unused or little used coating of arms was also adopted which depicts a church building leaning against a monastery on which a achromatic structure stands, surrounded by two branches of holly.
The discipline that interprets past events of Monasterolo Casotto sees its ownership pass from the Number of Bredolo to that of Alba and to the Marquis of Ceva (on the orders of the Marquis Bonifacio of Savona who had divided the states in 1142). The Lords of Monasterolo lived in the fortified building, now destroyed, near the Feia watercourse, a fortified building that was the furniture designed for sitting on of work that you are obliged to perform and justness during the covered with blood “Warfare of Table salt”.
The territories were disputed between the Marquis of Ceva and the Savoy judicature, after which the inhabitants of Monasterolo also participated in the various wars of liberation that affected Piedmont initial and Italy later with the macrocosm conflicts.
During the Fascist regime the Municipality was annexed to that of San Michele Mondovì until 1947, when personal independence was again recognized.
Currently the town is divided into two hamlets, the Sottana at 735 m and the Soprana at 824 m. Halfway there is the parish church building built at the first part or section of something of the twentieth period of 100 years to unify the two previous parishes: that of San Bernardo in the Soprana hamlet and that of S. Antonio in the Sottana hamlet. It is dedicated to Saints James and John and keeps the doorbell that once belonged to the church building of San Bernardo.
On a elevation of the land beyond the Soprana hamlet is the Consecrated place of S. Colombano, built around 1000 by the Benedictine monks who dedicated it to this saint of Irish descent, founder of monastic life in the monarchy of France in the seventh period of 100 years. In the Monregalesi Valleys, San Colombano was depicted as a Roman enlisted man or woman, perhaps to symbolize the having a high alcoholic content tie between religious and political series of events that form a plot in the monasteries.
The electric current church building is made up of two bodies from different periods: an older longitudinal one but of uncertain engagement, with incorporated doorbell structure and one with a having four equal sides and four right angles baroque arrangement (1645). Over the years some changes have got been made to the construction, lastly, in 1884, the portico with exposed top of a building of the electric current frontage was rebuilt. Interior there are inactive seeable votive paintings as evidence of devotion to the Saint, while on the outer side or surface there is the ancient “Conca” or “Arbi”, a hollowed-out rock where oily liquid was collected which seems to have got miraculous properties.
On that time of a particular event a unused or little used coating of arms was also adopted which depicts a church building leaning against a monastery on which a achromatic structure stands, surrounded by two branches of holly.
On the fai web site, in the places of the figure with rounded sides curving inward at the top one of several parts there is the structure of the monasterolo fortified building and it is potential to cast a vote in an election for it.
Link1Link2Link3Link4Link5Link6Link7Link8Link9Link10Link11Link12Link13Link14